Re: PROV-ISSUE-222 (used-objectproperty): Datatype property for used? [Ontology]

Hi Jim,

We actually ended up using the version in github for our files. I was
just thinking there needs to be a way to put other string describing
the entity... in this case a file. We use rdfs:label. But I wondered
if we should suggest some best practice here. In particular, this was
a problem in the provenance challenge where no one new where to look
for names and such.

cheers
Paul

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Jim McCusker <mccusj@rpi.edu> wrote:
> For filenames, I would figure that one should use a file:// URI. Are there
> any reasons not to?
>
> Jim
>

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've place my example at
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Eg-27-small-command-line
>>
>> Essentially, we have the name of a zip file that is associated with an
>> Entity. The question is what is the recommended way to associate that
>> value with the entity.
>>
>> Luc's suggestion is prov:value.
>>
>> I'm inclined to suggest that this also apply to activities as well....
>>
>> Cheers
>> Paul
>>

> --
> Jim McCusker
> Programmer Analyst
> Krauthammer Lab, Pathology Informatics
> Yale School of Medicine
> james.mccusker@yale.edu | (203) 785-6330
> http://krauthammerlab.med.yale.edu
>
> PhD Student
> Tetherless World Constellation
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
> mccusj@cs.rpi.edu
> http://tw.rpi.edu

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group
Artificial Intelligence Section
Department of Computer Science
VU University Amsterdam