Re: actions related to collections

Hi Jun,

So, if I understand you correctly, the only thing you would like to see
is a relation eg. member(c,e) expressing that e is a member of c.

We should remember that we are defining a provenance ontology, and
to me, collection-specific relations should be
"subrelation/specialization/refinement"
of other existing relations in the model.

Given that collections are themselves entities, than the only Entity x
Entity relation
we have that make sense here is a derivation.

So, member(c,e)  implies wasDerivedFrom(c,e)
meaning that to generate collection c we needed e.

That is workable I believe. It's a new relation in the derivation component.

However, if you want to be able to say that set c was changed into c1,
by adding/removing another entity, then you need further relations.

As to your question, what would happen if you have optional key,
I am not too sure. Currently, we have only one entity associated with
one key.
You are in fact suggesting a set of entities for one key.
I am not too sure what would happen then.

Luc