Re: PROV-ISSUE-342 (location-of-usage): prov:location is an optional attribute of entity and activity - others okay? [prov-dm]

From: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:45:35 -0400
Cc: Provenance Working Group <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Luc,

On Apr 11, 2012, at 12:30 AM, Luc Moreau wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I don't think there has been suggestion that the location attribute applies to other classes. You are making a good case for usage and generation.

Thanks.

> What else?

I would be happy with just adding Usage and Generation. It covers the cases that I can think of.

> Everything? Note sure this works for Quotation, OriginalSource, Attribution, Association, Responsibility .

None of these make sense upon a cursory consideration.

However, part of my question was:

>> Is it acceptable to view the DM's current statement as non-restrictive?

So, even if you do add Usage and Generation to the list with Entitiy and Activity, can someone conformant-ly put a location on something else?

Thanks,
Tim