RE: PROV-ISSUE-95 (Recipes as Classes): Recipes as classes? [Conceptual Model]

This seems to imply that an event is an instance of class: plan and the individual plans are instances of class: plan. In this case when I say individual plan I'm talking about something like the workflow template - a definition of the generic process versus an event where both the generic and parameterized inputs are all defined and can only occur once. Do you want the workflow template and event to both be instances of the same class?

Jim

From: Jim McCusker [mailto:mccusj@rpi.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:40 PM
To: Myers, Jim
Cc: Provenance Working Group WG
Subject: Re: PROV-ISSUE-95 (Recipes as Classes): Recipes as classes? [Conceptual Model]

 I was saying that an event that follows a recipe/plan is an instance of that recipe/plan. The URI for a plan can be used two ways in OWL 2: as an individual (the description of the plan, such as components, parameters, whatnot), and as a class (defining members of the set, formally defining what is used in a plan).

Note: I find myself avoiding saying recipe because, while it's specific, it just doesn't sound right. Plan might be specific enough while covering other usages that recipe normally wouldn't be used for.

Jim