Re: Roles (was: Testing the ontology for expressing workflow provenance)

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:40:56 +0100
To: Paolo Missier <Paolo.Missier@ncl.ac.uk>
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:35, Stian Soiland-Reyes
<soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

>  <http://ns.taverna.org.uk/2011/run/2613aab1-dfe9-4a17-a4be-7589f5d388d6/>
>    a  prov:ProcessExecution;
>         prov:used [
>             rdf:type
> <http://ns.taverna.org.uk/2010/workflow/ea4168eb-67ea-440f-ab73-818da5efc998/processor/String_constant/out/value>
>             prov:assumedBy
> <http://ns.taverna.org.uk/2011/data/2613aab1-dfe9-4a17-a4be-7589f5d388d6/ref/153277f1-5e4f-43fc-968d-ab3a8b038676>
> ;

Note that I messed up the direction here - if something was 'used'
then the role should of course be an *input* port.  Just imagine
s/Output/Input/g for the whole thing as it is not possible to edit an
email once it's sent. :-)

(I wanted to do the discussion on 'used' rather than 'generated' - as
use can naturally occur in several roles in several process execution
- and indeed in several roles for the same execution)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science