Re: Roles (was: Testing the ontology for expressing workflow provenance)

Hi Stian.
In first place, thanks for your example. It is very helpful to get things to
start moving.
In second place, you are right: the ontology has not been updated yet with
Satya's proposal
for modeling roles. I think it is better than specializing the "used"
property, since it allows
adding additional information withouth transforming the "Used" property in a
class (which is the
way to model n-ary relationchips). If we just specialize the "used"
property, then we won't be able to
link the time of usage, the location of usage, or anything additional
metadata.

However, we are still discussing this approach, because it is true that when
you don't know
the role of the used entity, everything might get a bit confusing.

You are welcome to join us on monday's telecons :)

Best,
Daniel