Re: name straw poll

From: Paolo Missier <Paolo.Missier@ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:48:42 +0100
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Stian

> PAST - Good, except the backronym - SchemaTa? "Ta" is something we
> casually say for "Thanks" here in UK. Also, too many possible types of
> schematas involved, RDFS, OWL, XSD? The model? SQL? I can picture "Are
> you using the PAST schema?" confusions.
generally I am not obsessed with acronyms. PAST may be a good mnemonic regardless.
But "schemata" is misleading. I think it sends too limited a message.

oh btw: not "schematas", please!!  it reminds me of "paninis" and I convulse in horror :-)    it's either schemas (US) or schemata
(Greece, UK and other civilised regions :-))

-Paolo