Re: name straw poll

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:29:48 +0100
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 13:11, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Yesterday's straw poll, for names listed in [1], is as follows:

> 15 (PIF):   10 votes
> 5 (PIL):     9 votes
> 3 (PAST):    4 votes

So how about we make these 3 the only contenders, and see what
negative "blockers" we would have if any, before doing a formal vote?

Here are mine:

PIF - reminds me of that Windows thing for running DOS programs. (not blocker!)

PIL - not just a language!

PAST - Good, except the backronym - SchemaTa? "Ta" is something we
casually say for "Thanks" here in UK. Also, too many possible types of
schematas involved, RDFS, OWL, XSD? The model? SQL? I can picture "Are
you using the PAST schema?" confusions.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science