Re: Is _this_ what is meant by "Entity"?

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 16:13:44 +0100
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
CC: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Luc,

The problem is that the term "Entity" suggests the things rather than the
assertion about the thing.  It's taken me a while to figure out that's not how
you are currently using it.  I think others could have a similar problem.

Personally, I'd go with Simon's definition for "Entity", and use "Entity
assertion" for the PIDL construct:  I think those terms better match people's
expectations of what they mean, and clearly expose how they are related.

#g