Re: Query and access F2F document template

Hello,

Some aspects of the two key questions are unclear to me. More inline:

On Sunday 05 June 2011 22:11:40 Simon Miles wrote:
> Hello all (and A&Q TF especially),
>
> Yogesh, the WG chairs and I would like to propose a skeleton for the
> document that the query and access TF will supply for the F2F1
> meeting.
>
> A key aspect of this document is that, due to the short time before
> the meeting, it is deliberately narrow in scope.  As agreed following
> Olaf's prior proposals, we want to build on the incubator group
> chapter 6, by taking aims and assumptions from that document.
> However, we've reduced these to two key questions (suggested by Luc)
> for the F2F1:
>  1. Given the identity, I, of a resource state representation

1.) Does the  I  here really refer to the identity of that resource state
representation or is  I  an identifier (e.g. a URI) for that resource state
representation?

2.) About what kind of resources do we speak here?
From reading the email alone I would assume that this can be a state
representation of an arbitrary kind of resource. However, the corresponding
wiki page says "A user gains access to an online resource ..."  Does that mean
we restrict ourself here to state representations of (what I would call) Web
resources only (i.e. resources that can be made available on the Web)?  It
would be fine with me; I just want to ensure we all speak about the same
kind of things.

> and a location, L, from which to retrieve provenance,

I guess L does not represent a physical location but a location on the Web.
Correct?
If so, is L explicitly dedicated to the provenance of the aforementioned
resource state representation or is it possible to retrieve provenance of
other things as well from that same L?
Do we assume here that we know L is the location to retrieve the provenance
of the aforementioned resource state representation?

> how do we obtain the provenance of the representation from the location?

I guess you mean to obtain a representation (or description) of the
provenance. Right?

>  2. How can a browser find I and L (as above) for an HTML document
> that was downloaded, so that its provenance may be retrieved?

Do we assume that, while the browser has the HTML document, it has no
information about the download of that document? So we want to find I and
L just from the HTML document?  (Which, again, is fine with me; I only want
to know that explicitly)

What exactly is the  I  here - the identity of the HTML document?

Greetings,
Olaf