PROV-ISSUE-38: Section 3.4: Third party services are SPARQL endpoints [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:16:06 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-38: Section 3.4: Third party services are SPARQL endpoints [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/38

Raised by: Khalid Belhajjame
On product: Accessing and Querying Provenance

It seems that SPARQL was chosen as a means for retrieving the provenance URI of a given resource. Do we need to be prescriptive about the kind of third-party service used to access provenance?

I don’t mind using it as a possible means, but if I understood well the text on Section 3.4, it seems that third party services providing information about resource provenance needs to be a SPARQL end point.

Khalid