Re: PROV-ISSUE-187: Section 5.2.2 (PROV-DM as on Nov 28) [prov-dm]

Hi Satya

It's frustrating to see that you are raising new issues, when you dont'
answer
emails regarding previous issues you have raised.

This issue is mostly the same as PROV-ISSUE-101.

On Nov 7th, I responded to your initial comment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-wg/2011Nov/0088.html

followed by a reminder on Nov 30th
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-wg/2011Nov/0429.html

To address this specific example, I am not sure what you are trying to
express, since the attribute status
is application specific. But for example, you could write

activity(a1, [status="composing text", status="uploading attachment",
status="sending", status="sent"])

meaning that the activity a1 had a status with one of the possible
values "composing ...", "uploading", ..." sent".

The duration is given by the interval between start and event.

To some extent, an entity interval or an activity interval are opaque,
we just know that some attributes
hold for the duration.

If you want to describe that something changes in an activity. Say it
was on hostA, and then on hostB,
then, you need to express this as two separate activities. Likewise, if
you want to say running, paused, running,
you also have to have separate activities.

What definition would you like to see for type? Intentionally, it's open
ended, so that we don't constraint
application to using specific typing approaches.
Further information is also available in the type attribute in
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/ProvenanceModel.html#record-attribute

Luc