Re: PING [call for consensus] - publish fingerprinting guidance as a Working Draft Interest Group Note

On 10/19/2015 09:45 AM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> Hi Christine,
>
> would it be useful to finish the document before calling consensus? At
> least the version I opened had lots of open issues in there.

As a general matter of W3C Process, it's OK to publish a WD with open
issues. Consensus to publish a Working Draft is an acknowledgment that
the work is in-scope and it's worth raising to a wider audience for
comment. Editing continues to close the issues and reach consensus on a
complete document for final publication, in this case as an IG Note.

--Wendy

> Ciao
> Hannes
>

> On 10/19/2015 03:38 PM, Christine Runnegar wrote:
>> Dear PING members,
>>
>> We have been discussing for some time the possibility of publishing the Unofficial Draft Fingerprinting Guidance for Web Specification Authors [1] as a W3C Working Draft Group Note with a view to publishing the final version as an Interest Group Note. Those who have expressed views so far have supported this approach. However, we would like to formally announce a call for consensus.
>>
>> Statements of support, statements of objections and additional comments are all welcome. Specific feedback on the document is also welcome.
>>
>> The status of the document would be Draft Interest Group Note.
>>
>> The call for consensus will remain open until 1 November 2015 UTC 23:99.
>>
>> Next steps:
>>
>> Please express your views on this email list in reply to this thread.
>>
>> Assuming consensus is achieved, [1] will be published as a Working Draft Interest Group Note on the W3C website.
>>
>> We would then issue a formal call for review.
>>
>> Christine and Tara
>>
>> [1] https://w3c.github.io/fingerprinting-guidance/

Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
http://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)