Re: Where we headed?

Tony, I like your idea, I read the posts through in detail back when you
first presented them. I'm looking forward to reading the paper.

No question but that feedback seems to be where we're at.

I might buttress your work by doing some programmatic investigation with
FOP, since I'm reasonably familiar with that codebase. It's also concept
development, and my reason for doing programmatic through an API is
because I am not that familiar with XSLT, but extremely familiar with
other programming languages [1].

Interesting looking talks at that Balisage conference. If you happen to
buttonhole Michael Kay, implore him not to actually implement a new
markup language to replace XML or JSON or Yaml. Please. I'm sure he'd
have something better, but these days we constantly see proof of the
adage that "better is the enemy of good enough". :-)

Arved

1. Truth be told, since XSLT is declarative and works well in this
space, I am convinced that an bettter FO formatter would actually be
written in something like F# or Scheme or Haskell. Quite frankly it
would ideally be written in Prolog with constraint programming.