Re: Where we headed?

On Tue, June 4, 2013 1:40 am, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> Tony, I like your idea, I read the posts through in detail back when you
> first presented them. I'm looking forward to reading the paper.
>
> No question but that feedback seems to be where we're at.

The paper title went for "Decision making" since it's not really feedback
when, e.g., you get the sizes of the graphics in advance so you can decide
whether a graphic should be column-wide or page-wide.

> I might buttress your work by doing some programmatic investigation with
> FOP, since I'm reasonably familiar with that codebase. It's also concept

Even I have implemented FOs and properties for FOP -- and got their areas
in and out of the area tree XML -- but that was for a client and wasn't
contributed to FOP.

> development, and my reason for doing programmatic through an API is
> because I am not that familiar with XSLT, but extremely familiar with
> other programming languages [1].

We/I may soon have a need to marry FOP and Saxon APIs.

Regards,

Tony.

p.s. The lost mail problem turned out to be my webhost's spam filter being
randomly over-enthusiastic.