Re: Prerequisites for modifying XSL 2.0 spec or producing API

On 02/12/2013 10:46 AM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 14:21 +0000, Tony Graham wrote:
>
>>     Since the XPPL WG is/was a closed group, we would strictly
>>     speaking need Liam or someone within the W3C to make the last
>>     draft public and/or bless our use of it
> Go ahead, but you and Dave need to check in any changes to CVS that you
> might have made since the last public draft.
>
>> and we'd need the
>>     infrastructure maintainers to make a Mercurial repository for
>>     us.
> I'm not sure about this one; I'll try and find out today; I'm in a
> Workshop so might take a couple of days.
>
> It would also be a good idea to see if developers from Antenna House,
> RenderX, FOP, are watching (I know that Inventive Designers and xmlroff
> are here!). In other words, who is likely to implement anything that is
> done here?
>
> Liam

I'd be willing to dive in and help with either FOP or xmlroff, whichever
one seems to be best suited for these enhancements. I am a professional
longtime programmer after all.

As to the question of the area tree, although it's conceptual I find it
difficult to imagine that any implementations don't actually have a real
one, that then supports rendering. It really comes down to how amenable
are those internal structures to feedback and control.

AHS