Re: Disposition of Comments following Third LC Period

There has been further interaction with those who have commented since
this e-mail was sent so that an update is in order. See inline below.

Phil Archer wrote:
> This e-mail is for archive purposes. It contains references to all
> comments received in third Last Call period 3 April - 27 April 2009) and
> the responses given.
>
> The principal issue that triggered the return to Last Call concerned the
> IRI canonicalization steps as given in sections 2.1.3 - 2.1.5 of the
> Grouping of Resources document [1]. The handling of this issue is
> documented in 2 key e-mails [2, 3] that show how the ToASCII procedure
> has been implemented. Minor changes ensue that primarily remove the
> confusion that existed concerning form/cgi encoding. Notably the step of
> transliterating + characters to spaces has been removed.
>
> That this is the correct course of action was confirmed by a review
> carried out by the XML Core WG [4].
>
> We received a comment from Krzysztof MaczyƄski [5] that raised a
> question about non-HTTP URIs, answered at [6].
>
> No further comments were received on the Grouping of Resources document.

The above remains unchanged since this e-mail was sent originally.

> The group received two comments concerning the Formal Semantics document
> [7].
>
> The first of these came from the OWL 2 working group [8] which was
> answered [9] and for which we received explicit agreement [10].
>
> The final comment was received from Michael Schneider [11] and answered
> at 12.

There was further conversation between Michael Schneider and Stasinos
Konstantopoulos who is primarily responsible for the formal semantics
document. In some respects, the comments from Michael Schneider were at
odds with those made under a previous call by Peter Patel-Schneider
[R1]. After a very productive exchange directly between MS and SK, minor
changes were made to the formalism of the semantic extension in sections
4.3 and 4.6. MS signalled his agreement with the changes at [R2]

A further comment was made by Dan Connolly [R3], principally concerning
the test suite. This referred to an earlier comment he'd made (and
brought it all to the attention of the TAG). His comment highlighted the
fact that the XML schema, whilst complete and tested locally, hadn't
been published and that the GRDDL links were problematic.

This was resolved, from a POWDER perspective, as discussed at [R4] which
has an important reply from Harry Halpin concerning the GRDDL aspects.

> No further comments were received on any of the WG's documents.

Phil Archer

[R1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2008Sep/0013.html
[R2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2009May/0010.html
[R3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2009May/0000.html
[R4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2009May/0006.html

--

Phil Archer
http://philarcher.org/www@20/

i-sieve technologies                |      W3C Mobile Web Initiative
Making Sense of the Buzz            |      www.w3.org/Mobile