RE: ETA on XSLT for POWDER to POWDER-S

From: Smith, Kevin, \(R&D\) VF-Group <Kevin.Smith@vodafone.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:12:53 +0200
To: "Toby A Inkster" <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Cc: <public-powderwg@w3.org>

Hi Toby,

Good question -  I had started in XSLT 1.0 but changed to XSLT 2.0 to
utilise the replace() function: the part I was having trouble with was
to ensure that a host, e.g.

example.co.uk

Is regex-escaped to

example\.co\.uk

...which is much easier in XSLT 2.0 using replace() within a function.
XSLT 1.0 cannot translate '.' to '\.' as only the first character
(namely '\') is used by the function, i.e. you end up with
example\co\uk. Plus of course we need to consider hosts containing any
of

...as they need to be regex-escaped too.

So I can work on an XSLT 1.0 version but it will take longer, I'll see
if there are any prebuilt stylesheets I can find which can help.

Best,
Kevin