(unknown charset) RE: Last Call comments

From: (unknown charset) Константинов Сергей <twirl@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 13:24:37 +0400
To: (unknown charset) public-pointer-events@w3.org
> I've to disagree with you on this. CSS *is* a perfectly valid way to configure the browser behavior.

When you need to alter browser behavoir statically - maybe.

Example 1: Safari two-finger scroll. Our task is to prevent browser behavior (page scroll) on vertical scroll and not to prevent browser behavior (history back/forward) on horizontal scroll.
Example 2: we have a map and info window on it. Our task is to prevent browser behavior (page zoom) in favor of map zooming when the fingers are on map; and we want not to prevent the same behavior (page zoom) when fingers are on the info window. Both map and info window are rendered on canvas.

What we have to do? Dynamically change CSS properties? That's ridiculous. In Safari we can just call preventDefault on touchmove event.