From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:44 AM
To: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Cc: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>; Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>; lwatson@paciellogroup.com; WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: ARIA 1.1: Deprecate @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect

I am not convinced that HTML has enough there yet although I agree that a native solution would be far better and it needs to encompass SVG as well.

I think some strongly worded text, on the order of: "This ARIA feature is planned for removal in a future release when more robust alternatives are made available."

We have to make sure we have this alternative solution. When we pushed for the JavaScript and CSS restriction to be removed in WCAG 2.0 from WCAG 1 we had to prove that we could produce something that worked. I think that is only fair to end users.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

[Inactive hide details for James Craig ---09/15/2015 06:03:18 PM---On Sep 15, 2015, at 1:02 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us]James Craig ---09/15/2015 06:03:18 PM---On Sep 15, 2015, at 1:02 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com<mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com>> wrote: > We cannot bank on on