RE: ARIA 1.1: Deprecate @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect

> No. I'm proposing that when natively accessible drag&drop is available, the jQuery UI implementation will update to use the native, accessible version in capable browsers, leaving the current implementation as a fallback polyfill. This assumption is consistent with the project's history. jQuery and other well-maintained libraries update to include the most performant native HTML features when they become available.

Granted, but how many years is that going to take?

In the meantime, as a proof of concept, I've already built something that is accessible using the current API mappings, and if you want me to add mouse drag and drop I will be happy to do so. I'm sort of busy this week, but I can certainly add this if this is the only difference that is important to you. It's not going to make any difference to an AT user whether it is there or not.

If anybody here would actually test this out using Firefox or Chrome with JAWS or NVDA, you can hear exactly what it does.

> If you propose to the jQuery UI guys to completely revamp this widget to make it accessible like this, it will never happen.

No. I'm proposing that when natively accessible drag&drop is available, the jQuery UI implementation will update to use the native, accessible version in capable browsers, leaving the current implementation as a fallback polyfill. This assumption is consistent with the project's history. jQuery and other well-maintained libraries update to include the most performant native HTML features when they become available.

James