Re: ARIA 1.1: Deprecate @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect

> On Sep 13, 2015, at 5:36 PM, Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com> wrote:
>
> If you propose to the jQuery UI guys to completely revamp this widget to make it accessible like this, it will never happen.

No. I'm proposing that when natively accessible drag&drop is available, the jQuery UI implementation will update to use the native, accessible version in capable browsers, leaving the current implementation as a fallback polyfill. This assumption is consistent with the project's history. jQuery and other well-maintained libraries update to include the most performant native HTML features when they become available.

James