Re: ACTION-1711: Get with Alex Surkov to discuss name from content removal from listitems

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> On 2015-09-01 12:42 PM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
>
>> Sorry I misread you. I was always confused with listitem name.
>>

> You and me, and, well, lots of others...
>

>> I cannot think of reason why non interactive list items (as opposite to
>> interactive list items of listboxes) would need a name. Iirc Firefox
>> doesn't expose it.
>>

> My tests suggest FF is exposing a name for list items.  See:
> http://clown.idrc.ocad.ca/Fluid/aria/ListItemsWithLabels.html.  In that
> test file, it's the second and third list items in the two cases where FF
> is exposing the entire contents of the item as the name.  I tested both
> with iDOM and Accerciser.

You're right. List items get accessible name from subtree from beginning of
time [1].

> For now I'll assume you agree with the proposed changes to the listitem
> role (not the listbox/option roles).

Right. I'm not aware of reason, it makes sense to reach the assistive
technology vendors though.

> Thanks again.
>

> --
> ;;;;joseph.
>
> 'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
>            - G. Bernhardt -

[1]
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/annotate/3f5a8379e104/accessible/src/base/nsAccessible.cpp