Re: [REVIEW REQUESTED][ARIA] placeholder

On 4 April 2015 at 20:07, Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>
wrote:

> If it were possible to show that 5560 examples across the web used the
> following syntax:

> Would we have to say in the spec that this is a valid use of the checkbox
> role and it’s supporting state by getting browsers to map aria-selected to
> checkbox?

Hi Bryan, the analogy does not make sense. The examples provided are a
random sample of usage from approx 80,000 web sites. What I am trying to
illustrate is that how placeholder content is used in accessible name
calculation needs to take into account how placeholder is used in web
sites, in the wild, not how we wish it would be used.

--

Regards

SteveF