From:   James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
To:     "Gunderson, Jon R" <jongund@illinois.edu>, Bryan Garaventa
<bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>,
Cc:     public-pfwg <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date:   05/20/2014 10:25 AM
Subject:        Re: Best practice for aria-disabled and keyboard focus
management

Moving to public-pfwg.

Disabled controls are not focusable on any platform UI that I know of.
VoiceOver allows navigation to disabled controls for the cases Bryan
mentioned, but full keyboard access (Tab navigation) does not. I think
ARIA-based controls should behave the same way as standard keyboard
interaction. If assistive technologies wish to provide additional
navigation mechanisms, they may do so.

Please feel free to suggest spec changes to reflect this.

On May 20, 2014, at 10:18 AM, Bryan Garaventa <