Re: Best practice for aria-disabled and keyboard focus management

Moving to public-pfwg.

Disabled controls are not focusable on any platform UI that I know of. VoiceOver allows navigation to disabled controls for the cases Bryan mentioned, but full keyboard access (Tab navigation) does not. I think ARIA-based controls should behave the same way as standard keyboard interaction. If assistive technologies wish to provide additional navigation mechanisms, they may do so.

Please feel free to suggest spec changes to reflect this.