W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-p3p-spec@w3.org > March 2004

[Minutes] 31 March P3P Spec call

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:12:26 +0200
To: public-p3p-spec@w3.org
Message-Id: <200403311912.31703.rigo@w3.org>
Minutes of the P3P specification group conference call on
Wednesday, March 31, 2004, 11 am - 12 pm US Eastern. 


Present:
Lorrie Cranor
Jack Humphrey
Rigo Wenning
Dave Stampley


1. Agent and domain relationships
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-p3p-spec/2004Mar/0034.html

Consensus is to adopt the latest draft and put it into our 
next working draft. To object, people can object until Friday
02 April 2004. Otherwise this will be accepted.


2. Primary purpose specification
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-p3p-spec/2004Mar/0035.html
[please send comments BEFORE the call]

Discussion on David's proposal:
Content can expressed as category or data items in statements
Different statements can have different primary purposes, so 
no need for more than one primary purpose per statement.
Different statements can be grouped with the grouping 
mechanism to constitute an assembly that reflects the 
actual web-site.
 
Horizont should be the declaration of the site: I collect 
this data and I'm telling you what I'm going to do with 
it. Dave called this actions upon data or content. See above, 
this can be already expressed with the dataschema.

ACTION Dave: Bring up new list of actions as a first model 
for questions to the wider community.


3. Grouping mechanism proposal
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-p3p-spec/2004Mar/0036.html
[If you have comments, please send them BEFORE the call. Unless there 
are objections raised prior to the call we will plan to approve this 
proposal on the call.]

consensus is to adopt Lorries proposal as attached to 
bugzilla item 642.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=642



4. P3P Generic attribute for XML applications
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-p3p-spec/2004Feb/0019.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-p3p-spec/2004Mar/0003.html

5. Discuss publication of next public working draft (by April 9?) and 
last call
  - what is left to do?
    - need to resolve above items
    - need to determine who to list as authors
    - have art 10 stuff been added to working draft or is there more to do?
    - Giles, what about the schema stuff?
    - is there anything else from P3P beyond HTTP that we need to 
      include?
      
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=P3P&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Bug+Number&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

Bug 171: Rigo has no record of consensus
ACTION Lorrie: find traces of consensus

Bug 174: Already resolved
ACTION Lorrie update Bugzilla

Question for Giles: Where are we with Schema's Stuff. Giles mentioned 
something could be ready in two weeks. 

P3P beyond HTTP
only issue left is WSDL and rewording generic attribute 
ACTION Rigo: Explain the team-note and project about WSDL

Signed Policies:
Action Rigo: Open Bugzilla item to explain rejection of 
signed policies. to be completed after entry into last call.

6. Set date/time for next call (April 7?)
Next call on 7 April

Received on Wednesday, 31 March 2004 12:23:42 EST

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 31 March 2004 12:23:43 EST