RE: Ref: the Beyond HTTP (BH) Task Force

From: <Patrick.Hung@csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:55:48 +1000
To: reagle@w3.org, public-p3p-spec@w3.org

** Sorry for the previous "fault" e-mail.

Thanks for your message, Joseph.

>My inclination is that an application will specify which bindings its SOAP
>is supported with. *If* this is the case, then I would RECOMMEND that it
>define the SOAP statement as being inclusive of the SOAP interaction and
>the binding.

Let's talk about an application and a Web service. An application is trying
to call an operation (e.g., Webmethod in .Net Web Sevices) in a Web service.
Thus, the Web service have to specify the SOAP bindings for its operations.
The application has to follow those SOAP bindings in order to call a
particular
operation in the Web service. Now, our question is *if* both application and
Web service have their own privacy policies. Let's call them as WS-Policies.
still try to guess what is WS-Policy :-). What should be the scenario in
this
situation? When do they exchange/match their WS-Policies before an
interaction
is taken?

>Yep, though I expect HTTP will be very common. (In fact, it was recently
>reported that of Amazon's SOAP and REST (HTTP) interfaces, 85% of their
>usage is of the REST interface.)

Yes, I agree with you.

> That's what the page says:
>  http://www.w3.org/P3P/Group/Specification/
>  Wednesday 30 April 2003 11am-12pm US Eastern/16:00-17:00 UTC
>  Dial-in number: Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200 Code: 73794 ("P3PWG")

I will be there.