Re: pointing OWL 1 specs at OWL 2 specs

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:55:08 -0400
Cc: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, Rinke Hoekstra <hoekstra@uva.nl>, Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, public-owl-wg@w3.org, ij@w3.org
To: Kendall Clark <kendall@clarkparsia.com>
I like Sandro's new wording/color (I was wrestling with the previous)
- I think the point about compatibility is important - so I'd back
Sandro's current version.

On Oct 20, 2009, at 6:03 PM, Kendall Clark wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, and with the color, of course! ;-)
>>
>> I see your point.   The example I was working from was:
>>
>>    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS1/
>>
>> which I really didn't like.
>>
>> I've made a new version with a softer color and with softer wording,
>> trying to avoid any sense that there is something wrong with OWL
>> 1.  See:
>>
>>    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/draft/owl-features-revised2.html
>>
>> Good enough?
>
> I like this color better; but re: wording, why not the neutral "OWL
> specifications have been revised; see OWL 2 blah blah".
>
> Cheers,
> Kendall

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things,
not because they are easy, but because they are hard - John F.
Kennedy, Sept 12, 1962

Prof James Hendler								http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~hendler
Tetherless World Constellation Chair & Asst Dean of IT and Web Science
Computer and Cognitive Science Depts				Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hendler
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY 12180     	@jahendler, twitter