RE: question on "forest-like anonymous individuals" restriction of OWL 2 DL

Hi again!

Ok, thanks, I see it now! I admit that I didn't see when writing my previous
main, and I guess that I won't be the last one who will be puzzled. :) So
can we please just have a more obvious example, where the circular structure
is being made explicit?

But from what you say above, a second issue seems to arise: It looks to me
that OWL 2 DL now does not even allow to state /single/ property assertions
with blank nodes in both subject and predicate position. Because, as you
said, with

  ObjectPropertyAssertion( ex:p _:s _:o )

one will always also have

  ObjectPropertyAssertion( InverseObjectProperty(ex:p) _:o _:s )

and so there are in fact always /two/ triples (though only one of them
explicitly stated) with their contained blank nodes building a circular
structure.

Even worse, since blank nodes are /existentially/ interpreted in OWL 2 DL, I
would expect that the following entailment holds (as in OWL 2 Full):

  ObjectPropertyAssertion( ex:p ex:s ex:p )
  |=
  ObjectPropertyAssertion( ex:p _:s _:o )

(Stating that if ex:s is in ex:p-relationship with ex:o, then something
("_:s") is in ex:p-relationship with something else ("_:o").)

So if this is really the case, than it wouldn't even be allowed to have
*any* object property assertions in an ontology, since an arbitrary property
assertion would entail another property assertion with two blank nodes,
which will then entail yet another property assertion with the inverse
property, leading to a circular blank node structure.

Of course, this sounds absurd to me, but where is my error?

Best,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)