RE: comments on http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-rdf-text-20090421

From: Achille Fokoue <achille@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:25:34 -0400
To: "Boris Motik" <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Cc: "'W3C OWL Working Group'" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>, public-owl-wg-request@w3.org
Hi Boris,

I have just read your answer [1] to Michael Sperberg-McQueen's comments
[2] on the public comment mailing list.  Althought, for the most part, I
agree with your response to the namespace issue,  I think  that, when "fn"
prefix is used in the context of  XQuery, we should use the exact same URI
defined in XPath/XQuery functions and operators spec [3]. In an XQuery
context, function names are identified by QNames, not URIs.  An example
can be found in section 5.3.1 :
 declare function  rtfn:text-length($arg as rdf:text?) as xs:integer{
  return fn:string-length(rtfn:string-from-text($arg))
}

This namespace issue could be addressed by defining two prefixes: fnr with
a "#" at the end, and fn exactly as it appears in XPath/XQuery functions
and operators spec, which will only be used in an XQuery context.

Best regards,
Achille.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-comments/2009Apr/0053.html