proposal to close ISSUE-56 - Specify standard "repairs" for moving select RDF documents to OWL?

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 09:41:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

Issue 56 asks for a set of standard repairs that tools could perform to
RDF documents that are not in OWL 2 DL so that they become OWL 2 DL.
This issue has been sitting with no action with quite some time.

It seems to me that this sort of thing is more in the scope of the SWBP
WG.  I propose that this issue be closed as being out of scope for this
working group.

Even if standard repairs are determined to be in the scope of this WG,
starting a new document at this stage of the WG doesn't seem to be a
wise thing to do, particularly if it consumes time at face-to-face or
other meetings that should be devoted to solving our remaining technical
issues.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research