Re: Proposed tweaks to Annotations

Hi Bijan,

I take your point on the practical usage of range/domain, thanks. If I
understand it well, at least this use case does not really care about
the possible OWL inferences, because separate tools would look at and
handle annotations anyway.

Coming back to the original discussion, Boris showed in

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Oct/0016.html

that the simple approach (adding, SubAnnotationPropertyOf,
AnnotationPropertyDomain and AnnotationPropertyRange into the func. spec
with an obvious mapping to the existing RDF vocabulary) might lead to a
semantic divergence between OWL DL and OWL Full. What your use case
suggests, though, that users might not really care too much, because
they would not consider the OWL reasoning on these anyway... Ie, we can
just live with that.

At least I understand the issue a bit more:-)

Thanks

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/