Re: document appendix for functional syntax MIME type

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
<pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:

> Here is my initial draft of an appendix to Syntax that has the stuff
> needed for the MIME type.  I think that the equivalent for the
> Manchester Syntax would be very similar.
>
> peter

snip

> Applications which use this media type:
>    No widely deployed applications are known to use this media type. It
>    may be used by some web services and clients consuming their data.

Current doc says Protege 4 and Topbraid. I was surprised about
Topbraid. Is this verified? I sent a note to Jeremy Carroll to
confirm.

> Author/Change controller:
>    The OWL Functional Syntax is the product of the W3C OWL Working
>    Group; W3C reserves change control over this specification.

Current document says:

"Author/Change controller
The OWL functional-style Syntax is the product of the W3C OWL Working
Group in cooperation with OWL ontology tool builders; the
specification may be extended by groups of OWL tool builders; W3C
reserves change control over this specification.
"

I'm not sure what it means that the specification can be extended by
someone but that change control is in the hands of the W3C.

-Alan