Re: [meta] Why not discuss raised-but-non-open issues?

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:10:09 +0100
To: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
CC: OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Michael Schneider wrote:

> I still do not understand why we should not discuss issues, which are only
> raised, but not yet opened. Or stated in a more general way: Why should
> there be anything relevant to our WG, for which there are times where we
> should not discuss them?

I have found that a well-managed issues list allows the thrust of the WG
discussion from day to day to be under the watchful eye of the chairs :)
who can ensure that the WG makes sufficient progress on the 'difficult'
issues, while also ticking off enough of the easy ones. Not having each
WG member forever going on on their favourite topic generally helps in
this process.

Of course, in the issue generation phase, Bijan and Alan are quite right
to encourage discussion before an issue is raised.

Jeremy