Re: ISSUE-127 (narynotyet): documents contain bits of nary datatype but these are not yet in OWL 2 [editorial]

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 17:55:35 +0100
To: OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Since discussion has already started, let me add a point I've already
sent to the chairs.

This issue rests on a mistake. The current (minimal) n-ary data
predicate support is an accepted part of the language. It was part of
the submission (and was always a part of OWL 1.1) and it was part of
the first working draft. What we have not decided as a working group
is whether we will elaborate that (minimal) support or remove it
altogether. At the moment, given the recent report from HP, I believe
there is *no* current expressed support in the WG for removing the
minimal support. Thus, this proposal, unless it expresses a new
desire on the part of the raiser (in which case it is misphrased), is
doubly mistaken.