Re: ISSUE-108: Names for Profiles

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 10:07:28 +0200
To: Rinke Hoekstra <hoekstra@uva.nl>
CC: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Rinke Hoekstra wrote:

>>> OWL DLP (for description logic programs)
>
> What would the corresponding name for OWL-R Full be? OWL FLP (OWL Flop?
> hmmm, perhaps not so good ;))

:-)

I somehow look at OWL DLP as a 'generic' name, just like OWL itself. We
may have then a DL and Full variant, so to say, again just like for OWL
we have OWL DL and OWL Full.

However... OWL DLP DL sounds a bit silly, doesn't it:-(. Sigh...

If we break the rules of Markus (which I actually liked, though), ie, to
use the same number of characters, than we could have OWL LP and OWL DLP
for the Full/DL version.

I.