RE: fragments question re DL-Lite

Hello,

In DL-lite, you can have only existential quantification to owl:Thing, and not to other classes in the subclass position in
SubClassOf axioms. Hence, you can write

SubClassOf(ObjectSomeValuesFrom(R owl:Thing) B)

but not

SubClassOf(ObjectSomeValuesFrom(R C) B)

In the superclass position, however, you can have arbitrary classes; hence, the following is fine:

SubClassOf(ObjectSomeValuesFrom(R owl:Thing) ObjectSomeValuesFrom(R C))

The former restriction is necessary in order for the language to be first-order reducible for query answering.

Regards,

	Boris