fragments question re DL-Lite

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:17:27 -0400
To: "Web Ontology Language ((((OWL)))) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

In the document it reads (Section 3.1)

> The following constructs can be used to define subclasses in
> SubClassOf axioms:
>     * existential quantification to a class ( ObjectSomeValuesFrom )
> where the class is limited to owl:Thing,

and

> The following features of OWL 1.1 are missing in DL-Lite:
>
>     * existential quantification to a class (ObjectSomeValuesFrom),

I assume the latter is for class other than owl:Thing?  Do we mean
here only the class owl:Thing or any class that is a subclass of
owl:Thing?  If the former, is that just included for completeness or
is there a real case where it could be useful?

thanks
  JH

it?." - Albert Einstein

Tetherless World Constellation Chair