RE: comment on the fragment document: (inverse) functional and DL-Lite

From: Michael Smith <msmith@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:28:51 -0500
To: public-owl-wg <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 12:25 +0000, Boris Motik wrote:

> We are aware of the fact that data properties are missing in DL-lite. The reason why we haven't included them yet into the document
> is because we wanted to have an opportunity to talk to the Romans and ask them about some technical details.

More generally, as pointed out much earlier (see [ISSUE-80]), there are
many variants of DL-Lite and the one described does not match up
directly with any of them.  Can we have one of the DL-Lite authors join
the WG rather than defer such questions?

I think a number of expressivity issues (such as those mentioned by
Bijan in [1]) need to be decided w.r.t. the DL-Lite fragment and wonder
if a focused discussion forum (e.g. task-force or mailing list or
telecon) is possible and would be helpful.

--
Mike Smith

Clark & Parsia

[ISSUE-80] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/80