a comment on the fragment document

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 14:53:09 +0000
To: Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de>
CC: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, "Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Apologies if this duplicates earlier discussion, I am behind on the
e-mail traffic.

The main thing that I took from the WG telecon discussion of the
fragments, which I don't find in the document is a very high level
motivation:

This fragment is intended for X
This fragment is intended for Y

etc.

I suggest that could go in the introduction.

I realise that the complexity section justifies such statements, but
feel that the intent that was fairly clear in the WG discussion should
be clear to the casual reader (i.e. who reads the beginning and then
gives up, because it gets too technical!) of this document.

Jeremy