Re: Allowed types of punning (ISSUE-114)

I believe I might have been the person who raised the initial issue
about object-property/data-property punning, but was not a party the
process of fixing the problem. I continue to feel that such punning is
a) not useful, and b) extremely likely to cause (and exacerbate
existing) user error. User confusion between object and data
properties is quite common in practice, and right now misuse can be
detected as a syntax error. Allowing such punning would make these
common errors completely undetectable---users would just get very
different semantic effects than they intended. I very much hope we're
not going to re-open an issue that has already been addressed and
solved.