Re: Editorial bug in the EL profile?

From: Evren Sirin <evren@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:09:11 -0400
To: "Carsten Lutz" <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> Dear Evan,
>
> I would classify it as "common knowledge" that EbjectExistsSelf can be
> added to all existing algorithms for EL++ without spoiling their good
> properties. This is really easy to see. When writing the EL++ papers,
> we simply didn't expect that this operator would become important in
> the future. It certainly doesn't deserve an extra publication, so we
> should not wait for one before putting this operator in the spec.
>
> I also suspect that some algorithm by Markus Kroetzsch et al can deal
> with the operator explicitly. Can't check now since I am travelling.
> Markus?

Sure, of course. Local reflexivity is one of the things mentioned in
[1]. I was temporarily confused looking at [2] where global
reflexivity is explicitly handled but there is no mention of local
reflexivity.

Cheers,
Evren

[1] Markus Krötzsch, Sebastian Rudolph, Pascal Hitzler. ELP: Tractable
Rules for OWL 2. In Proceedings of the 7th International Semantic Web
Conference (ISWC-08). Springer 2008.
[2] Pushing the EL Envelope Further. Franz Baader, Sebastian Brandt,
and Carsten Lutz. In Proc. of the Washington DC workshop on OWL:
Experiences and Directions (OWLED08DC), 2008.