Re: ISSUE 131 (OWL R Unification): Different semantics on syntactic fragment

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:23:03 +0200
To: Kendall Clark <kendall@clarkparsia.com>
CC: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>, Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, public-owl-wg@w3.org, Alan Wu <alan.wu@oracle.com>
To take a _very_ different example, we are close to PR for RDFa, and
this includes over a hundred of test cases (note that RDFa is _way_
simpler than OWL:-). I am one of the implementers for RDFa and those
were of a great help to me. More importantly, it also helped to clarify
tons of issues in the RDFa spec.

The way the test suite came into existence (Kendall, I presume the same
happened in the SPARQL case) is that implementations accompanied the
discussions on specifications, and implementation themselves provided a
bunch of test cases for contentious issues. At least for OWL RL we
already have experimental implementations (I guess Alan has one, I have
one...), so harvesting test cases may be simplified by that...

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/