Re: Plea to re-open issue-113 [WAS: Disposition of some recently raised issues]

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:11:02 +0100
Cc: "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: "Michael Schneider" <schneid@fzi.de>

On 23 Apr 2008, at 09:57, Michael Schneider wrote:
> [...]

This means that the extra entailments are not sanctioned.

>     Vendors can implement other/related languages if they want.

This was just an observation that we didn't need to sanction it.

> Hm, do you refer to the first two sentences? I interpret them more
> to be
> contextual information. But if you say that
>    "DL does not have certain OWL Full entailments."
> was intended to mean
>    "DL /reasoners/ /must/ not have certain OWL Full entailments
>    /which are non-entailments of DL/ /or any other non-entailments
> of DL/."

That's definitely how it was intended.

> then I will agree with you, and will only blame those who invented
> this
> blurry formulation. :) In this case, of course, the third sentence
> (which I
> thought was the actual resolution) is completely redundant.

It's not redunant, it's just an observation.

> However, looking again in the minutes doesn't convince me that the
> resolution was really meant this way. The direction of discussion
> there
> seems to me rather the other way around. But I won't have problems
> with
> being proven wrong on this point, again.

Sorry, I have no interest in spelunking the minutes at the moment.
Given that there's massive agreement from other people on what was
meant, I think it's fine. Since that massive agreement on what was
meant includes the issue raiser, it seems even more fine. Since the
issue raiser voted (albeit as minimally as possible) *against* this
resolution (which, on your reading, he should have been *for*) it
seems even more clear. Why are we even arguing about it?

>> BTW, that's not new information. It was definitely discussed multiple
>> times.
> Can you please show me in the minutes where this point was
> discussed? I
> neither remember, nor do I find it in the minutes.

No, I have other WG work to do. Why is this relevant if everyone
understands the proposal the way you want it to be?