Re: First crack at profiles in primer

A possible answer to one of my questions:-)

Ivan Herman wrote:

> ----- OWL-R -----
>

> Also, I also do not understand why the following is true:
>
> "Compared with DL Lite, OWL-R works better when you have already
> massaged your data into RDF and are working with it as RDF."

Did you mean to say that OWL-R works well in the sense that one uses RDF
+ OWL-R and can use SPARQL to query the result, whereas this is not
really the case for DL Lite?

As the statement is true for OWL-R, if this is not the case for SPARQL
(ie, query rewriting cannot be done for SPARQL queries easily) than you
are right. This is a differentiating feature...

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/