Re: (resolution status/documents)Re: minutes for 17 October

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:29:20 -0400
Cc: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, W3C OWL Chairs <team-owl-chairs@w3.org>, public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>

yes, you're right Alan, i apologize on that point - note though that
the heartbeat allows publication of less than these whole documents
(for example we could publish only those features for which there was
strong agreement) or other such things -so my main point, that I
think it is still too early for such a resolution to make sense,  stands
   -JH

On Oct 19, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> Minor point of clarification: Resolution says we will publish 2 of
> those documents, and possibly a third. Also, the date is pretty
> much a W3C mandate, though the selection of documents, of course,
> isn't.
>
> On Oct 19, 2007, at 12:47 PM, Jim Hendler wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I'm not opposed to a decision that we consider moving the
>> documents forward - but the way the resolution is written it says
>> we WILL move THESE three documents forward BY A CERTAIN DATE - I
>> would like to believe we will work on understanding these
>> documents, making sure we have consensus on the key issues, and
>> publishing as ready.

it?." - Albert Einstein

Tetherless World Constellation Chair
Computer Science Dept