Re: UML-OWL Generator, A product to convert UML into OWL

In addition to our ODM work, which does include a mapping chapter
describing a number of issues and approaches for mapping from UML to OWL
(in addition to the language metamodel and profiles which would
facilitate this process), there is prior art from AT&T Federal systems
in the form of a set of tools they developed more than 5 years ago with
Lockheed Martin that supported a direct mapping from UML to OWL and
back.  The tools were documented in a number of papers, released in late
2004 as an open source project, which is still available at
http://projects.semwebcentral.org/projects/codip/.  The Duet project was
early work, but was effective at taking vanilla UML models, without
benefit of the ODM metamodel or profile mappings, and producing OWL.

Best regards,

Elisa