Re: interpretation of DataPropertyDomain and Datarange

In OWL 1.1, datatypes of arity n have an interpretation in (some
subset of) deltaD^n. If you look at the structure of
DataSomeValuesFrom and DataAllValuesFrom class descriptions you will
see that they take one or more data property expression, the number
of which must match the arity of the datatype (in fact a date range
can be used in general).

Standard unary datatypes (such as integer) have an arity of 1, and an
interpretation in deltaD; the corresponding class descriptions use
only a single datatype property. For example, if the datatype
greaterThan17 is defined as a suitable integer sub-range, then we
could describe the class of objects whose age is greater than 17
using a datatype restriction of the form:

DataSomeValuesFrom(hasAge greaterThan17)

With n-ary datatypes, class descriptions use n datatype properties.
For example, if the datatype system includes a binary equality
predicate for integers called, say, integerEqual, then we could
describe the class of objects whose IQ equals their age using a
datatype restriction of the form:

DataSomeValuesFrom(hasAge hasIQ integerEqual)

Hope this helps,

Ian