Re: Ontology numbers

On 26 Jun 2007, at 13:31, Adrian Walker wrote:

> Hi Bijan --
>
> You wrote...
>
>> ...I'm having trouble
>> finding examples and projects using LP or specifically F-Logic in the
>> way and at the scale we see for OWL.
>
> The IBL system [1] uses rules that are interpreted to extract a
> highly declarative meaning [2].  There are online examples of
> reasoning over OWL/RDF triples, and also over n-ary relations.  For
> scalability the triples or other relations can be in a SQL database
> [3,4] (and when the SPARQL spec is finalized and implemented
> probably in SPARQL too) .
>
> HTH .

Nope. And you must have misunderstood me as not only have I've seen
this spiel about a million times, nearly verbatim, but it is not
remotely apropos.

If I read your oil example correctly (*again*) it's just a toy
example. A few rules, then a database. And it's not even a real
effort or a large effort or a collaborative effort. The rest of your
public examples are similar, as I recall. So these are no help at all.

Cheers,
Bijan.